Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week Four

I am only attending Tuesday’s class this week as I have a field trip all day Thursday for my furniture design course. We went over a lot today even though we did not draw a whole lot.  We got a head up as far as what to expect for upcoming homework. We were shown how to start our cross contour line drawings of our shells which look pretty cool. Later in the semester we will be applying an ink wash to them to add more character and value. All the samples I have seen so far of this project look really cool so I am very excited to make my own. As for now we are to stick to line drawings and focus on space, line weight, composition, and contours. We were told that each drawing should take around five to six hours which seems like a lot but at the same time the point of this is to pay attention to detail so it makes sense to take our time and move slowly.
We were also given our next manikin modeling assignment where we are to construct the abdominal muscles. Over the weekend I redid my muscles from the last assignment trying to put more effort into the craft and making the muscles look more like a group. I find that modeling with the clay can be difficult at times still but I am learning. Sometimes the key is to not touch things as much as possible so they don’t get all muddy.
I hope we get to see everyone’s cross contour drawings since I have learned a lot from my peers in the past. As for now I’ll start working on my own and post a picture of it in a different post.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for the cross contouring as well but I think that it will be frustrating. I like the multidimensionality of this course.

    ReplyDelete