Friday, October 15, 2010

Week Five

This week was very brief. On Tuesday we went over the hip muscles and glutes for our manikins. Because the class room was oddly hot that day we did not do any drawing but instead were allowed to leave early as long as we worked on our manikin models. I did go straight home and made my muscles right away with a little more ease than past times. I feel like I understand how to work the clay better and am finding it easier to read the text books on the muscles.
As for Thursday, we sat around for a few minutes before a fire drill occurred. After going outside and coming back in, we waited a bit longer only to realize our professor left a sign on the door stating class was cancelled and she was out sick. So as for this weekend I will continue to work on my contour drawing of my shell that is due Tuesday. I have put about 3 hours into it so far and hope to put another 2 or 3 hours into it.

(a cross contour drawing from a previous week where we learned about the egg shape of the rib cage)

1 comment:

  1. I'm also finding it much easier to handle the clay and read the textbooks. I've found it helpful to look at images of the muscle structure in it's entirety to know how to layer them more accurately.

    ReplyDelete