Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week Seven

It’s only midweek but today is advisement day so I figured I’d write being as I have a little free time. I went to campus this morning and spent a few hours on our 13 muscles that are due next week. It took me longer than some have because I was going to extra effort to make my leg muscles as thin as possible while still making sure they have enough structure to hold themselves up. I also wanted to try to make them look like cohesive groups, which is a skill I’m getting much better at.  Overall as we are adding more muscles to our manikin I am feeling more confident about it because proportions are starting to look more correct and it is easier to picture it as a person. I’m learning more about the human body in this class than I ever did in any of my science or health classes. I am definitely a hands on learner so practicing building the muscles ourselves and studying where they connect to certain bones has really solidified the lesson for me.

Anterior View

Mostly Posterior View

We were assigned our next shell drawing on Tuesday as well and I am pretty excited to have another attempt at this assignment. There are things I like about my first one but I know I have a lot of room for improvement so we’ll see if it is any easier the second time around. Eventually we’ll get to draw our shells but add an ink wash to them which looked really cool. I hope to be able to draw a good shell by then so my final drawings look as nice as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment