Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week Twelve

I’m home sick today so I figured I’d make my blog post. On Tuesday we did no drawing but we did go over the last sets of muscles and got work time in class to do them. There are so many to do! It was overwhelming but after working on some in class they seemed to be going by somewhat fast. It seems so tedious but it does look cool when they’re all done and together. I have included a picture of my arm and hand muscles so far.
We also found out that we will not be doing a self portrait for our final project in this class which I am ecstatic about! I was so very relieved to hear that. This way I’ll be able to put more time and effort into my shell drawings with the ink wash. The examples we were shown in class look so cool and I hope both of mine come out looking the same. Things are frustratingly busy right now that it’s hard to concentrate on classes but only a few weeks left and I cannot wait to be done! I am anxious for the final day when we get to see everyone’s shell drawings. I am mostly interested to see the different colors people chose for their ink washes and examine how they affect the drawings. Some might have a completely different mood just because of the ink color that was chosen. For now I’ll keep trucking along on the muscles and my shell drawings. I might try to go to open figure drawing one night to practice drawing the portions of the body I’m missing out on today.

2 comments:

  1. I think the muscles on your manikin's arm and hand look amazing. I only hope mine turn out so well(nope haven't started on them yet) I really like how delicate the small muscles on the back of the hand appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your arm muscles turned out really good. I had to go back and redo mine because at first they were almost bigger than my manikin's thigh. whoops! You did a really nice job of keeping the size proportionate and keeping it looking clean.

    ReplyDelete