Friday, September 10, 2010

Welcome

Hello!
My name is Shauna Baska. I'm an art major with a concentration in interior design at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. For as long as I can remember I've been interested by the arts and I wanted to eventually have a career where I can practice creativity and innovation. I enjoy and appreciate all different mediums of art although some speak to me more than others.

I will be graduating in December and after that I hope to land a job at an interior design firm in the twin cities although I am open to any opportunity I an get right now. I'm the type of person where if something feels right I go for it and that outlook has yet to let me down. I enjoy learning and broadening my skills in any way I can. That is actually the main reason I am taking Life Drawing I. I am absolutely terrible at drawing people so I am hoping that this course will help guide me in the right direction. Growing up I always believed that artistic talent is something you had to be born with and was impossible to learn. After taking numerous art classes at Stout I have found that to be untrue. I have greatly improved many of my artistic abilities and nothing feels better than seeing hard work pay off.

When I am away from class or work I love relaxing and enjoying life. Bonfires are one of my favorite ways to do just that. I also enjoy figure skating, watching movies, doing puzzles, shopping, and being with those most important to me. I am a person with many passions in life. When it comes to tv and movies I really like things that are very clever and have a lot of wit. As far as music goes my two favorite bands of all time are Queen and Metallica. I love all sorts of music but those two bands speak to me the most.

I've included two drawings that I have done for past classes that I enjoyed working on.

1 comment: